• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have recieved 2.2 FROYO

Have you received the OTA!?

• I have received the OTA!!11!!11!1one

Votes: 416 30.9%
  • Nope.

Votes: 929 69.1%

• Total voters
As of this morning I had not receivede the update either. I did some research and finally figured out why. I now have received the update and 2.2 is running on my incredible...hopefully this will hook you up. (I apologize if this has already been covered)

I realized that there was a small OTA update for the incredible back in May that would not install correctly for me. I never thought much of it because the update didn't really include any significant enhancements. Well it turns out that if you had not installed that update back in May, you will not receive the 2.2 update. You need to go back and install the May OTA. See the following link to check if you did install that update...it will show you where to look and what to check for (software version). If you never installed that update it provides the update file and instructions on how to do it:

OFFICIAL: update.zip is finally here! - xda-developers

After I installed the May update I tried the "date" trick and bam 2.2 was starting it's download! (I tried the date trick several times prior and it never worked)

Hope this will help a few of you that are still agonizing over the lack of OTA...good luck!

KJ

Dude you were 100% right. (Downloading the OTA now) I could kiss you right now.

Thank you. You sir, are my favorite person of the year.

Upvote 0
+1
There is a thread about this with over 2400 posts about people who have gotten the OTA...I would imagine at least some of them (including me) got the update over the last week and a half! ;)

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/159044-i-have-recieved-2-2-froyo.html

Think i will merge them, thats the best way to get your question answered:D

Got mine a week ago btw

2nd edit: lots of the people that said NO they didn't get it answered this poll when it was first posted, then most likely got there ota right after that

Upvote 0
I got the update a few days ago but when I installed it there was an error, so I pulled the battery and wasn't able to get it back and still can't

Same here, my update came last week, I started the update, but then pulled the battery because I wanted to pull my SD card first (which I forgot to do). When I turned the phone back on, the prompt to update didn't return. The tech at Verizon said to give it up to two hours for the update to return, and it's now been almost a week.

I'm tempted to update by using the zip file, but I'm trying to hold out for the OTA instead.

Upvote 0
It's better to do the zip instead of the OTA. The OTA just overwrites the files of the 2.1 update and will cause problems. If you install fresh with the zip, it completely erases the old 2.1 and you are only running 2.2 without the problems.

My dinc with the zip 2.2 is working flawlessly.

Just follow the thread to update to 2.2 with root, and delete all the bloatware like amazonmp3, etc and you are set.

Maybe even download rom manager and install one of KingxKlicks kernels. I am running BFS#2 and overclock widget (free in the marketplace) and I am seeing huge gains in battery life.

Upvote 0
It's better to do the zip instead of the OTA. The OTA just overwrites the files of the 2.1 update and will cause problems. If you install fresh with the zip, it completely erases the old 2.1 and you are only running 2.2 without the problems.

Just follow the thread to update to 2.2 with root, and delete all the bloatware like amazonmp3, etc and you are set.

Maybe even download rom manager and install one of KingxKlicks kernels. I am running BFS#2 and overclock widget (free in the marketplace) and I am seeing huge gains in battery life.

Are you sure you're talking about the update.zip method, and not RUU?

Upvote 0
I got the update a few days ago but when I installed it there was an error, so I pulled the battery and wasn't able to get it back and still can't

I was told by a Verizon tech that HTC waits for a report from Verizon on who got the updates during the push and who didn't, and then will push it out again. The process takes a couple of weeks according to both techs.

Are you sure you're talking about the update.zip method, and not RUU?

That's what I want to know too. I have the "update.zip" on my SD card, not the RUU (not that I would know how to do that, since mine isn't rooted).

Upvote 0

Can I just put the zip file on my sd card and update to 2.2 ? I did the OTA update but I would feel better if I updated using the zip file because I am having lots of problems with the OTA version.

Upvote 0
Can I just put the zip file on my sd card and update to 2.2 ? I did the OTA update but I would feel better if I updated using the zip file because I am having lots of problems with the OTA version.

You can download this file: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

And downgrade back to stock 2.1.

You need to rename the file PB31IMG and place it on your SD Card. Then boot into recovery by holding down the volume down and power button. The recovery will automatically recognize the file and will ask you if you would like to update. Select yes.

*Note: This will erase everything from your phone so backup what you need.

If you get an error when trying to install the update that says something about the zip, you need to format your SD card to FAT32. If not, don't worry about this.

After that, you need to download and install the May OTA update which can be found here: https://android.clients.google.com/...22.605.2_1.22.605.0_release_sign.a33bc3bf.zip

You will most likely get a warning about the website, but don't worry about that. Just continue on.

-Rename the file to update.zip (note, many people are having an issue with this step for whatever reason...when you rename it, type update NOT UPDATE.ZIP...because then the file will be called update.zip.zip and not work)
-Drop the file on the root of your SD card.

- Turn your phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power at the same time to boot into HBOOT.
-
When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones