• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have recieved 2.2 FROYO

Have you received the OTA!?

• I have received the OTA!!11!!11!1one

Votes: 416 30.9%
  • Nope.

Votes: 929 69.1%

• Total voters
well I'll be darned!

The date changed back, but I just got a notification!!

Downloading... 93.7MB

This Android 2.2 (Froyo) software update includes new enhancements to support Adobe Flash Player 10.1 (pre-installed), support for 720p video recording, and many other improvements for your DROID Incredible by HTC. You will be unable to use your device or make emergency calls for the duration of the install. The software updates automatically, and your DROID Incredible will power off and on as part of this software Update.

Upvote 0
Why the factory reset?
Did I miss something?

I've read lots of people recommend a factory reset after an OS update, so I figured I'd start with a fresh OS rather than all the crap I've installed over the last several months. Clearly it didn't go as planned. Phone is almost up and running, but I have a triangle over my service bars and I don't believe I'll be making any phone calls til Verizon gets in in the morning.

Upvote 0
I've read lots of people recommend a factory reset after an OS update, so I figured I'd start with a fresh OS rather than all the crap I've installed over the last several months. Clearly it didn't go as planned. Phone is almost up and running, but I have a triangle over my service bars and I don't believe I'll be making any phone calls til Verizon gets in in the morning.
Same crap happened to me. Had to go into the store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones