• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have some questions about a android tv box

willsp28

Aug 18, 2019
I recently got a new TV box and I'm having some issues with it, the mouse doesn't hit the right places, some apps works fine while others had to have the pointer on the edge of the screen to hit a button near the edge, i know it has to do with screen scaling, if i put it on a big TV I have to zoom out as far as possible then the pointer gets further away from where it's supposed to hit, also it says it takes a micro sd card but it doesn't fit, this is the 2nd box I've had, where the SD card doesn't fit, what im hoping for is a app that will help me make my box run more smoothly, my older box I had didn't have any pointer issues, and was able to be used on any size tv my current tv box is a a95x f1

What brand and model is it? There are so many different brands and models of Android set top units now, most are pretty generic in their hardware configurations and some are clearly below or above average.
As for the SD card '...doesn't fit...' that sounds more like an issue with the card you have. Of the three different categories -- SD card, miniSD, and microSD -- their physical sizes are not variable, those are industry-standardized, the only variables are things like capacity and read/write speed. It sounds like you just need to buy the matching card for your set top unit.

Upvote 0
https://www.amazon.com/Android-KODI17-1-R95S-Amlogic-Support/dp/B0776R6CFR
Looking over the general specs of this model it certainly appears to be capable. Those mouse issues sound like some kind of resolution problem (i.e. the graphics output on the set top box mismatch with the TV), check in the settings menus of both your TV and your set top box. Also, do you have a spare HDMI cable? Try switching cables and see if that makes any difference.

Regarding the microSD card, again they're standardized so if it's not fitting into the slot it's either the wrong type or there's some other issue to look into. It appears to be a typical microSD card slot in those generic product photos but is there anything like a carriage involved?
https://www.techspot.com/guides/1591-microsd-buying-guide/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones