• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I just got a new phone, and the phone comes with apps i dont want...

I don't know the specifics about your phone but I'd suggest being very careful deleting your bloatware apps. On the DroidX there were quite a few posts of people who just deleted whatever they felt like then were screwed when a new upgrade of Android came out. Apparently those apps were necessary for the upgrade. They fumed, cursed and cried (blaming Motorola for their mistake) that they crippled their phones and begged others for the installs so they could get the upgrade. Others just deleted whatever they thought didn't look interesting then found out the files WERE important for some other app they did want.

Since you are new to the phone and are still learning, I'd suggest NOT deleting anything and just live with them. It sucks that manufacturers bloat our devices with garbage, but it's better than deleting something you can't get back and is necessary for the phone to function correctly. Once you get some experience you can root and get something like Titanium Backup which can freeze an app and accomplish the same thing in a reversible way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones