• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Testing app on a real phone

dwf2008

May 18, 2023
Hi all. I am working on an app in android studio. I decided to try testing it on my real smartphone, a samsung galaxy s20. It installed and ran ok. During this testing I made a few changes to the code and ran it again, and again, and again. When I was done I discovered that I had about 6 of the launch icons on my phone. I reasoned that the ide must create a new icon each time I run it from AS. So I deleted (uninstalled) the app from the phone. A few days later after more editing, I tried it again. To my surprise all 6 of the startup icons reappeared AND the newer code was not installed but the older code I had been testing previously was back on the phone. So I uninstalled it again and then went into the device manager and deleted the apps folders from /data/data/com etc. Another try but the same result.

Can someone tell me what’s going on here and how to fix it?
Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones