• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I just purchased a Galaxy Nexus, a few initial questions

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Canada
I switched from the Note and bought the Nexus and have a few questions/concerns:

1. I have the phones brightness set to high and have auto brightness off. When I open some apps like messaging and the browser, it seems like the screen dims a bit and whites don't look as white and vibrant as they should. The browser looks especially more dim than the rest of the phone. Is this normal?

2. The back case of the phone feels like theres flexing going on- when I press down it seems like theres a low click noise with the case moving. Have you experienced this? I'm thinking of just putting a case on it to solve the issue (I hope it will at least)

Will post more questions as I use the phone. :)

1. TURN DOWN THE BRIGHTNESS. If you keep it that high you will be lucky to get 5 hours of battery time. Most people even find Auto too high. I recommend < 30% indoors to maximize battery life and AUTO outdoors.

As for it dimming, I haven't noticed that....but I am wondering if its not dimming but rather that the background of the browser just isn't true white? I did notice one time when I was changing the brightness settings back and forth to auto that it caused a flicker when I would open certain apps....but a reboot cleared that up.

2. My battery cover, while made of thin plastic, feels solid and doesn't seem to have any flex. Mine is the LTE version though.

Reactions: quiklives
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones