• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root i need help getting reborn rom

ok so i found xionia_cwma_12518.6.img renamed to vrecovery.img on the comp. then i plugged my phone in and put it on the sd card at the top. i dont know what the boot of the sd card is.. and i got the terminal emulator . i put in
$ su
# Flash_image recovery /sdcard/vrecovery.img
says Flash_image: not found
when i put in
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/vrecovery.img it says
error opening /sdcard/vrecovery.img: no such file or directory

Upvote 0
The root of your sdcard means on your sdcard but not in a folder on your sdcard.

You got the first error because you used caps for Flash when it should be flash like your second try.

Are you sure you have the vrecovery.img on your sdcard and not in a folder on it? Use a file manager, and check your sdcard to see that vrecovery.img is in fact there.

Upvote 0
Try this. Go to settings-manage applications, click on all apps, scroll down to market, click on it, then click clear data. Exit back out, and start the market. It should reset all your market data. Don't know for sure if this will work, but its worth a shot. Remember, you installed a nandroid backup from another phone. Everything may not work right. This is the second thread I've seen with this issue since this method was posted this morning. You may want to go to the thread you got this from and ask the guy who posted it.

Upvote 0
iv had aosp on my phone for few days i like it but i have heard alot about rebornrom iv done every thing i did with aosp as far as factory reset wipe cache partition
then it says installing update...
amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
amend scripting was deprecated by google in android 1.5.
it was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the clockworkmod 3.0 gingerbread based recover. please switch to edify scripting (updater0script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages
installation aborted.
not sure what it is telling me to do can any one help
thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones