• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I need help installing busy box

i got an issue i cant solve.
the screen gets stuck until i get a phone call.
when i touch the home button i get a message... com.android.systemui has stopped. i dont know how to get the ui back and running. i was thinking that it might be because during the installation process for venom i asked it to remove the htc scene completely.
any thoughts?

Upvote 0
i got an issue i cant solve.
the screen gets stuck until i get a phone call.
when i touch the home button i get a message... com.android.systemui has stopped. i dont know how to get the ui back and running. i was thinking that it might be because during the installation process for venom i asked it to remove the htc scene completely.
any thoughts?
Yeah, my advice was to perform a full install of the stock rom.

Removing Sense via the ViperOneM8 installer is not something that you want to tackle as a beginner, it's an advanced option where you need to tinker with things and it's expected that you know what you're doing, there's no piecewise support.

You have two good options -

1. Go back and install the full stock rom with the ViperOneM8 zip, minus nothing.

2. If you want to enjoy a Senseless rom, get one built that way. I recommend the Google Play Edition -

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2706391

You can use the TWRP you have for the GPE. That version does not require a GPE conversion - but it does expect you to wipe data/factory data reset from TWRP and say NO if asked to install a recovery.

Read the XDA instructions carefully, a few times if necessary, and follow the instructions for that rom.

Don't anticipate that all roms will install the same and shortcuts are OK instead of reading, each rom has to be approached like a brand new day.

Upvote 0
I keep getting a error busybox not installed . try different location to install. I tried both /system/bin and /system/xbin. Same error in both cases. Or same in

Attachments

• TMPDOODLE1469695243817.jpg
    TMPDOODLE1469695243817.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones