• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need to download Google Talk... but can't get it off the marketplace...

ALIHISGREAT

Dec 25, 2009
I have had a problem with the android marketplace on my HTC tattoo since i got it at christmas where i can't download any apps and the progress just stops at 'starting download' -- i have tried factory resets, new google accounts, wifi and network etc. etc. but it still doesn't work.

i have been looking at google help and some people have solved the problem by simply signing into the google talk application that comes standard on most android phones.

my tattoo doesn't have google talk though and i have no way of getting it.

So can anyone provide me with a link to download the file off a file-sharing website such as rapidshare?

thanks.

Mine didn't came with gtalk either. It eludes me why google don't have their basic apps on the market. The funny thing is that the Motolora MB502 page states that it comes with gtalk!

And before someone elses ask, no, the app is not there. I looked at the list a thousand times, used the search tool looking fot talk, gtalk, google talk, anything. Its not there

Upvote 0
my mom just got a brand new white droid2 and out of the box there is no "talk" application. my gmail avatar still syncs to my contact but if i send her a googletalk message she gets no type of notification. i cannot find anything under the name "talk" or "google talk". ive also searched the market and can find many other google apps but not google talk. why?
_
update
_
i also tried to "Bump It" to her phone but could not select the app through Bump It's list.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones