• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need to know if this is possible

I'm trying to create a profile that will allow me to silence my phone late at night, but will also give my friends the option to send a predetermined message (like "IMPORTANT") that will turn my phone all the way up and give me a notification just for that message, so that I wake up and read it. Does anyone know if this is possible? I know it's a little complicated. I'm a bit of a newbie with this, so I'm sorry if it inconveniences anyone. I'm on a S3.

Its actually pretty easy.

You would be best having 2 separate profiles.

One that sets your silent mode (Date and time context for example) and another that turns off silent mode when text is received..

So first profile called "Sleep" for example.

Second profile has 2 context.

Context 1 - State > Tasker > Profile active > "Sleep"
Context 2 - Event > Phone > Text received

In "Text received" set "Sender" and "Content.

Just tested myself setting a small profile if text received with content "important" task > Vibrate. Worked fine. The task I would suspect would work for you when your second profile was activated would be to turn off silent mode for a few seconds and play a notification but I'll leave those finer points to you. I assumed your question was more related to the triggers.

Please note, the Quotation marks used are for this post onl;y. You dont need to use them in Tasker.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones