• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I promise I'm not trying to be dense...

dansamy

Jul 27, 2010
But, my X was rooted when it was Froyo. Verizon pushed Gingerbread. (I don't really remember when. I just remember there wasn't an option for me to decline it.) Of course, TiBU and Wireless Tether do not work now. I know I have lost superuser/root. (I had only rooted to WiFi tether once a week.)

My question: What's going to be the easiest, least painful way to get all my apps and root (and possibly load CM7 or something else, since I hate what GB has done to my phone)?

I can follow step-by-step directions if they're nice and plain and assume that the reader knows little. (I used the Dummies Guide posted here for my Droid Eris when I ROM'ed it, so I really can follow step-by-step directions without screwing it up!)

Phone details:
System version - 4.5.605.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Android version - 2.3.3

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones