1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support I rooted my phone and then uninstalled touchwiz home

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by enthusiast1988, Jul 17, 2013.

1. enthusiast1988

I rooted my phone and then uninstalled touchwiz home knowing that it is dangerous. :( Now I cant use my phone because I was unsuccessful with Kies firmware installation and also trying to install clockwerkmod to install cyanogenmod was unsuccessful. I am obviously pretty new to these things. Do you guys think I can fix this on my own? If yes, how? Or should I bring it to a Samsung service center? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Did you just delete the the touchwiz launcher? twlauncher.apk or something like that?

3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Try installing a 3rd party launcher like Go or Nova using the playstore website on a pc to push it to your phone :thumbup:
    I doubt samsung will touch a rooted phone. You could always reflash it if you cant get a launcher on. Dont worry too much

enthusiast1988 and Hadron like this.
  4. enthusiast1988

Yep, just the launcher.

5. enthusiast1988

I'm not sure how I would push it to my phone because I cant turn on the wifi in it and not sure if mobile data connection will work.

6. funkylogik

Yeah thats gona make it a bit harder. As long as u can get into download (odin) mode youll be fine. Check out Sammobile.com for a guide to using Odin and to find the stock firmware for your device/carrier and when you reflash it, itl have the stock launcher again. Unless sum1 knows a way to just install the launcher(?)

enthusiast1988 likes this.
  7. kevindroid

kevindroid Android Expert

odin is the way out. the computer will tell of the connection

funkylogik likes this.
  8. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to the forum.:hello:

Which version of the gs3 do you have?

breadnatty08 and funkylogik like this.
  9. enthusiast1988

Hi thanks for the help guys. What I did to solve the issue is that I installed custom recovery image(it wasnt easy had try many attempts coz the stock recovery keeps on showing after reboot). Then I installed a new OS coz firmware update using kies ain't gonna work on a rooted phone.

funkylogik likes this.
  10. funkylogik

Nice one. Glad you got it sorted man :beer::beer:

enthusiast1988 likes this.