• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I think i soft bricked my S3

nitsel

Lurker
Aug 5, 2015
Hey guys, i am not much into android experiments, but recently i tried to root the phone so that i can flash a custom rom. Unfortunately i got stuck up right in the first step, yes i think i have done a mistake while rooting and after that my phone switches on and just shows the "samsung galaxy S3 logo" also a red exclamatory symbol on top left corner and screen blacks out. This is what i did,
1) Downloaded the rooting package.
2) Downloaded latest ODIN.
3) Started the phone in download mode.
3) Choose the BL option in ODIN to flash the package.

What i think i have done?
I went by the instructions in the site which was refering to an older version of ODIN with PDA key, but i clicked the BL, which means i might have wiped the Boot loader which is why the phone isn't starting. :(

I am seeking your advise to bring my phone back to life. Custom or stock rom anything is fine but just need my phone back running. Can you guys help me out

Hello!
Just doing a flyby here, but since you got ODIN and can get into download mode, visit Sammobile.com and apply for a free account.
Find your device, then carrier, and download the firmware to flash with ODIN. ;)
It will take forever to download the firmware with a free account, but at least it'll get ya up and running :)

I assume you can still boot into download mode?

Upvote 0
Hello!
Just doing a flyby here, but since you got ODIN and can get into download mode, visit Sammobile.com and apply for a free account.
Find your device, then carrier, and download the firmware to flash with ODIN. ;)
It will take forever to download the firmware with a free account, but at least it'll get ya up and running :)

I assume you can still boot into download mode?
Thanks mike,
Yes i am able to boot into download mode, my phone is not carrier specific and i use a GSM sim Intl version, i can i download any of the latest firmware which are carrier independent and flash it ?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
ok, I can't be 100% sure but I did find India at sammobile.com, but there is a listing for "India (INS)" and "India (INU)" but I don't know the difference....however, it appears the PDA and CSC for version 4.3 are the same...
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/GT-I9300/INS/
Thanks much mike, i remembered that my phone was bought from UAE (XSG), so downloaded the firmware for that from sammobile and flashed it. It is up now and running. That really helped :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones