• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I tried to root but the program wouldn't work

I was under the impression that unrevoked was a windows utility you run from a PC that transfers the necessary files to your phone and then runs the rooting procedure. At least that's how the old unrevoked3 worked.

If you're running linux, I don't think you can use unrevoked (could be wrong though). Best thing to do is wait until unrevoked3.2 is officially out. At that point, their wiki page will be updated with more info. And worst case, you can contact the authors of the tool to see if there's an alternative for linux users.

If not, then you will need to find a manual root process using adb. But if you're used to linux and working at the command line, adb will seem like child's play.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones