• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I want facebook to just sync contact info to what's already in my phone!

tomdevinej

Lurker
Jul 29, 2012
Hi all,

I really need some help, I can't find this anywhere on the threads myself so sorry if it's already been posted. I've just got a Samsung Galaxy S3, all my contacts are in the phone and what I'd like to do is sync the contacts I have with facebook for status's/pictures etc. Even when I select this option from the facebook sync settings, it syncs every one of my facebook friends into my contact list, instead of just the ones who's numbers I have... How can I fix this!?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Hi all,

I really need some help, I can't find this anywhere on the threads myself so sorry if it's already been posted. I've just got a Samsung Galaxy S3, all my contacts are in the phone and what I'd like to do is sync the contacts I have with facebook for status's/pictures etc. Even when I select this option from the facebook sync settings, it syncs every one of my facebook friends into my contact list, instead of just the ones who's numbers I have... How can I fix this!?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

I'm having the exact same issue! I'm in no way an android novice, however I simply canNOT get my phone to sync the facebook contacts to my phone contacts and display the pictures. any tips would be absolutely appreciated. I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of.
Thanks
Paul

Upvote 0
Ok. So I ran into a weird problem with the original galaxy s, there were two Facebook sync accounts running, intergrated and app. Since the GS3 only supports one facebook sync account, the intergraded one does not sync pictures so I removed account and opened the Facebook app and found I was logged out. Logged back in, automatically went to sync contacts and set to sync. Pictures on my contacts now!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones