• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want my radio stations!

Let me add my thanks to you as well, Croid... That solution you found is by far the most stable I have come across to date. I still can use Flycast but that damn app is so damn squirrelly that I usually have to give up on it after a few disconnects.

Thanks man.:)
Kevin, you are welcome! Yea, flycast is a real POS on my Eris... mostly gives me "Media Player Error Server Died 0"
Glad I could be of help!

Upvote 0
Yes, yes I do! [j/k]
I use Dolphin browser with the User Agent in settings set to iPhone and the bitrate/channel set to 32kbps, stereo in the streaming setting on the moodio site. Is this how you got yours working?
BTW, happy to be of help!

yesh, except I have it set to 24kbps. i'm using the dolphin browser for everything now, the pre installed internet app stucks.. infact pretty much every pre installed app the cliq comes with pretty much sucks.. I wish they come out with a Droid phone that only starts with one app called 'market' and then we could save a lot of memory and just get the apps we want. I guess that's why they invented rooting.

stay hard.

Upvote 0
I read alot of US Radio Stations. Are any of the above radio apps, (flycast, Droidlive, Cumulus Droid etc) work for BBC Radio Stations? Ive read that the Iplayer App can let you listen to BBC radio however ive had no luck.

Croid' already posted a solution above that works for just about any radio station that has an internet stream. I use it for BBC 5 and also talkSPORT.
http://androidforums.com/android-media/43937-i-want-my-radio-stations.html#post392158

UPDATE: Don't be confused when you click on their link. It used to be called Moodio but now it's called YourMuze. Everything else is still the same though.

Upvote 0
Count me in as someone who wanted/needed to be able to stream 1310 The Ticket sports radio out of Dallas.

I have a Droid Incredible running Android 2.1.

I setup moodio.fm and that works well at home. Though haven't tried it in the car streaming over the verizon network yet.

An alternative seems to be a $2.99 app called Radiotime. It appears to have The Ticket as one of it's streaming station. Info here: http://radiotime.com/apps/android.aspx

Cumulus made an app that streamed all their stations. I manually installed that app since it's no longer available in the android market, but it doesn't seem to work on android 2.1. It just buffers all the time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones