• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want to start with a new Play account, but can I migrate my old purchase records?

bluroot

Mar 13, 2013
I would like to change my Play account to one with a more suitable name for me. I never was happy with the ID which I originally created under haste and duress (otherwise I wouldn't get to check out my first Android phone at all), and what I came up with reflected my sentiment towards the evil monopoly which I cannot avoid because it controls everything I want. Sometimes it may be more than just the machines which see that account name and I'd hate for people to take it personally, so I'd like to change this, plus I feel that it's a good security measure to change to a fresh account which is not connected to my YouTube and email history! Since I have quite a history of app purchases (I don't care what YOU think of me, at least I'm a good consumer :p), I would need to migrate THIS history to my new account. Is this possible?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones