• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I want to uninstall custom rom and go back to my stock

wyzegeye

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
I rooted my phone (LG Optimus M, 2.2.2) and then I installed cyanogenmod7. How do I go back to my stock firmware (2.2.2) !?!? PLEASE HELP!

Fyi, My phone was not in service when I rooted it and changed the ROM, so when I took it in today to get it activated again, they said something was wrong and it wouldn't activate. I just assumed it was because I changed the rom. So I figured that if I change it back to it's factory settings, everything will be fine, and I can activate my phone again.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!

I rooted my phone (LG Optimus M, 2.2.2) and then I installed cyanogenmod7. How do I go back to my stock firmware (2.2.2) !?!? PLEASE HELP!

Fyi, My phone was not in service when I rooted it and changed the ROM, so when I took it in today to get it activated again, they said something was wrong and it wouldn't activate. I just assumed it was because I changed the rom. So I figured that if I change it back to it's factory settings, everything will be fine, and I can activate my phone again.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!

This happened to me exactly as u explained, you don't have to go back to completely stock just flash KELSOMOD's rom its basically stock but without the bloatware. I flashed back there on the spot lol the woman on the store was like wtf coooool lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones