• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ice cream sandwich for wfs

:D

No fully functional and stable betas yet. There are a few alphas floating around at xda. Check out the new ICS section here:
[INDEX] roms/recovery/guides/kernel/root/... - xda-developers

The biggest issues at this point are no working camera (I have serious doubts they'll get it working without HTC developing a driver) and no HD streaming in the YouTube app.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I can confirm CM 9.1 as working really well on the WFS.

Still camera and HQ YouTube playback both work 'out of the box'.

Video camera doesn't work but lgcamera will record video and maybe other 3rd party camera apps too.

Google Voice Search doesn't work but all you need to do is uninstall it and reinstall from Google Play and it works.

Nice amount of internal memory free, especially after odexing via Titanium Backup and I am finding battery life to be pretty good also.

So far my favourite daily driver!

Upvote 0
I can confirm CM 9.1 as working really well on the WFS.

Still camera and HQ YouTube playback both work 'out of the box'.

Video camera doesn't work but lgcamera will record video and maybe other 3rd party camera apps too.

Google Voice Search doesn't work but all you need to do is uninstall it and reinstall from Google Play and it works.

Nice amount of internal memory free, especially after odexing via Titanium Backup and I am finding battery life to be pretty good also.

So far my favourite daily driver!

I'm also running the latest build.. very stable at 806mhz, no real show stopper problems..and way way better than stock in functionality.

however 2 (although ignore-able) issues i have is that i also odexed via tbp but ever since get the "android is upgrading, starting applications" message on every boot, are you getting the same message?

also does your data connection drop out at times? i have had it drop on 2 occasions in the past 3 days...it gets fixed if i toggle the data connection though.

PS. I cant believe how good my desktop looks, trebuchet was laggy so using apex pro. ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-19-22-59-13.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-19-22-59-13.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones