• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ics gingerbread or cyanogenmod ?

nashy10

Lurker
Jan 7, 2012
Hey everyone I'm running ota ics on my nexus s and I'm starting to get bored with it, it just doesn't seem as smooth, so I'd like to know what would be the best option, stay at ics, use a cyanogenmod rom, or go back to 2.3.7 which came with the phone. Thoughts?

I plan on flashing a custom Kernel and slightly overclocking/undervolting my Nexus while sticking with the stock ICS ROM. That's what I did with 2.3.6 and it certainly served me well.

My kernel of choice right now would either be Matr1x, Netarchy, or GlaDOS.

Although, if you're on 2.3.7, you must be on the Sprint Nexus S 4G, which is strange since I wasn't aware that an official ICS ROM was out for it yet. Maybe that's why you're not getting the same smooth experience as everyone else, since it would have to be a port from AOSP.

Upvote 0
Right now i am using "CyberGR-MOD|NS.NGN ICS v.7 HYBRID+ICUP Speedy7|CM9-AOKP|MODS++|STORMY 2" with the latest Matrix kernel [v16] and i'm very pleased with it ,very snappy & smooth ,battery life is excellent !

That's a huge name for a rom..my problem isn't it being slow, its just the UI of ice cream sandwhich, it doesn't feel like it should be on this phone

Upvote 0
That's a huge name for a rom..my problem isn't it being slow, its just the UI of ice cream sandwhich, it doesn't feel like it should be on this phone

I don't know how it feels for you ,but i'm very happy with ICS [looks ,scroll ,etc].

P.S. : The name is HUGE because if you google it ,you will find it on the first result [official name] & it contains all the mods that are in it.

Upvote 0
I also don't like trebuchet. For me it was just easier to run Kangs milestone 3. Its cyanogen 9 v2 with nova basically. Ive had it a short time but evedything seems great. Market purchase and calendar work fine and tbose are the main buggyness I've read about.

You know you can install Nova as an update ,right ? You do not have to install another ROM just to get it !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones