• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help IDEOS X5 Network Connection Problem

raj4mnz

Lurker
Mar 24, 2011
Hi,

I am from New Zealand and I have recently bought a X5. I am connected to Vodafone NZ network. Now I am having network connection problem. It's frequently dropping network connection and I can't connect it again without rebooting the phone. Can someone help me please?:(

Is anyone out there having the same issue?

Thanks
Raj

Hi, same issue: X5, New Zealand, 2degrees.

In my case only packet data seems to be affected (I can still receive calls/txt's... I think...)

Interesting part is that from my current location there are basically two cell site options:

1) A 3G+ site (low signal strength)
2) A 2G site (very high signal strength)

The phone is currently bugging out and reports no packet data connection (no 'H' symbol at the top of the screen etc) but also indicates a low signal strength suggesting that it is probably attached to the 3G+ site....

The problem may be related to situations where the phone repeatedly looses it's packet data connection causing it to eventually give up on packet data all together.

To (temporarily) resolve the issue I find that you can switch to flight/airplane mode and back (hold the power button for a couple seconds to bring up the menu.) This seems to force it to re-register and after a few seconds re-enable packet data.

-Jesse

Upvote 0
thanks for sharing your problem with me. i think the problem is with the extended 3G coverage issue in NZ. When I turn of the 3G then there is no problem and the connection is very stable. Recently I went to Auckland and 3G connection over there was very good and I didn't have any problem with my X5 as well. So, I am pretty much sure it is the problem with extended 3G coverage. I hope someone can provide a fix for this.

thanks
Raj

Upvote 0
I am just confused now since only few people have replied to my issue. I wonder if it's a issue with my phone or not and should I take my phone back to the seller. By now many people should have purchased this phone and tested on the vodafone 3G network and judging by the replied I am guessing no one is having this issue :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones