• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Tab S7+ won't connect to hotel wifi

Spirit84

Lurker
Jan 17, 2023
My first post. Hoping someone can help me.
I am staying at a Marriott Fairfield Inn. When I click on the Fairfield wifi network I am supposed to be directed to the Fairfield login page to allow for the connection to be confirmed. Unfortunately I get a "DNS Failure" message. The front desk transferred me to a "help desk" which o think is a 3rd party computer help company. The tech tried everything she could but nothing worked. My Pixel 6 phone and my wife's iPhone X connected without issue.
I have turned off my VPN, cleared chrome cache, restarted multiple times to no avail.
This is very frustrating!
Any ideas would be appreciated!!

Holy Hanna AugieTN!!
That worked!!!! OMG!
Now please explain to me why I would have to use the Samsung browser?? That is so weird.
I would never have guessed that in a million years.
Thank you so much!!
You're a genius!!
careful who you call a genius @AugieTN has been to known to get a big head when someone calls him a genius. it gets so big that his head might explode:p:p:p:p

i don't think i would have guessed that. i usually try changing the public ip address to 192.168.1.1 when i am trying to connect to public wifi (which i think is the same as hotel wifi)....this usually works for me in the past. weird though i have not had this issue in a long time

Upvote 0
Holy Hanna AugieTN!!
That worked!!!! OMG!
Now please explain to me why I would have to use the Samsung browser?? That is so weird.
I would never have guessed that in a million years.
Thank you so much!!
You're a genius!!

ocnbrze is correct, I'm no genius, just a retired Union Electrician out of Chicago
The answer was just something I picked up from other wireless forums. I think it has to do with authentication.so you need to use your stock browser.

Upvote 0
ocnbrze is correct, I'm no genius, just a retired Union Electrician out of Chicago
The answer was just something I picked up from other wireless forums. I think it has to do with authentication.so you need to use your stock browser.

Well:
Front desk told me that other people in the past have complained about this - they didn't know how to help
Marriott tech support - had no clue.
My techie friend back home who builds his own water cooled turbo computers and is a software expert - had no clue.
Retired electrician in Chicago figured it out in one try - genius!!
Don't argue!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones