• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If i have an android phone & tablet what happens when i restore one..

james_uk

Android Enthusiast
May 27, 2010
What i mean is, when i first started on both, i logged onto my google account, im wondering now i have both setup and both are logged on to the same google account. well both have different apps etc, some are the same, does the backup thats created on google for each specifc device, so if i formatted my tablet then re-logged onto my google account, will it only download the apps that were on the tablet or does it make a restore from both devices?

I just dont want to ever end up having to download everything from both devices.

thanks

james

I actually thought it restored every app you have installed on all your devices(?)
Like when i got my s3, when i signed in it downloaded all the apps from my Xperia

It's because they were both phones. When I first reformatted my Galaxy Tab after the JB update, it only downloaded the apps that were on the Tab previously. It did not download the exact same apps as the phone. For example, Handcent is compatible with my Tab because it's SMS capable. But it did not download despite me having that app on my phone.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones