1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

if sprint caps data to 5gb as rumored...

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by lite blue, Sep 21, 2011.

1. lite blue

lite blue Well-Known Member

If Sprint Caps our data at 5gb in october as i saw rumored on engadget, will that void our two year commitment?

i planned to stick with sprint and even thought of upgrading to a new phone, but if their going to cap data like the competition i may want to jump to another carrier

Advertisement

2. Tiako

Tiako Well-Known Member

Not until you sign a new contract.. AKA upgrade phones

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Joshbear and BenChase7 like this.
  4. flatlander

flatlander Well-Known Member

is this enough for a cancellation with no ETF for MAJOR change to a plan? Unlimited for 29.95 fee to 5gb for the same $$$. I think so

5. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Android Enthusiast

It is only for mobile hotspot i know your getting scared because is getting closer and closer for the smartphones....Lets just pray that doesnt happen xD

6. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert

I could probably get by with a 5gb cap and wouldn't be too upset.. But if they cap at 2gb's like everyone else... That would suck.

7. Gavisann

Gavisann Android Enthusiast

And this is why I root.

I always liked how companies charge you the same, but give you less features.

8. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Android Enthusiast

I wouldn't count on root to save you if you start sucking down the bandwidth. Keep it on the down low and you'll probably be fine, but go hog wild and you'll probably find a nastygram in your inbox.

9. Gavisann

Gavisann Android Enthusiast

Agreed. If you go over 5 GB they will see it and think you rooted or your willing to pay one hell of a bill that month.

I don't think I can even download 5GB a month via mobile data, a computer is a different story.

10. flatlander

flatlander Well-Known Member

I have the mobile hot spot to use my laptop when there is no wi-fi available, don't need it too often but puttin cap on is really sux. I dont enven know if I would ever need 5 gb. but I pay my 29.95 a month to have the ability to use it if I need it.