• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If You cant Beat 'em, Join 'em!

Thanks for the input. The main problem with iphone is ATT. Once they release it to other carriers it will likely crush the android based competition. I have watched closely over the last month of usage on the HTC Hero. On average it takes at least 3 clicks for every one click on the iphone to get anything done. In addition, the browser often does not work on common web sites... even Google sites which blows my mind. Didn't Google create android? It feels like working on a German car versus a Japanese car. Cool when it works... but over engineered to the point where it is cumbersome to work with. The iphone is more like a Japanese car. Simple, intuitive and reliable. Having said all of that, I am staying with the Hero for the better phone service. Although as I type this I am waiting to get it back because I cannot upgrade the software on it without a Windows based computer. So there goes a couple of hours of my day waiting for the local Sprint store to do the upgrade. Apple was smart enough to make the iphone work with PC's. I wonder if Google will make android more Mac compatible?

Upvote 0
...Although as I type this I am waiting to get it back because I cannot upgrade the software on it without a Windows based computer. So there goes a couple of hours of my day waiting for the local Sprint store to do the upgrade....

May I ask what upgrade you are referring to that needs a Windows computer?

BTW, I tend to agree with you that it can take a lot of clicks to get anywhere on the Hero, and this alone can be a turn off. My wife just says it is too hard to use for her.

Upvote 0
May I ask what upgrade you are referring to that needs a Windows computer?

BTW, I tend to agree with you that it can take a lot of clicks to get anywhere on the Hero, and this alone can be a turn off. My wife just says it is too hard to use for her.
your just lazy,thats a lame excuse ..oh it takes to much click to get to anywhere on the hero , last time i look at my HERO it has bookmarks and you can customize it to your liking so stop it..

Upvote 0
your just lazy,thats a lame excuse ..oh it takes to much click to get to anywhere on the hero , last time i look at my HERO it has bookmarks and you can customize it to your liking so stop it..

Hey, Bnice... BE NICE! ;) LOL I wasn't complaining, just being an agreeable forum member...with the other poster about # of clicks...and I love my Hero. I'm sure my wife would get used to it in a day or two if she had one. We are just waiting for her Instinct to quit and her upgrade $ to be at it's highest, then she will most likely have one also.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the input. The main problem with iphone is ATT. Once they release it to other carriers it will likely crush the android based competition. I have watched closely over the last month of usage on the HTC Hero. On average it takes at least 3 clicks for every one click on the iphone to get anything done. In addition, the browser often does not work on common web sites... even Google sites which blows my mind. Didn't Google create android? It feels like working on a German car versus a Japanese car. Cool when it works... but over engineered to the point where it is cumbersome to work with. The iphone is more like a Japanese car. Simple, intuitive and reliable. Having said all of that, I am staying with the Hero for the better phone service. Although as I type this I am waiting to get it back because I cannot upgrade the software on it without a Windows based computer. So there goes a couple of hours of my day waiting for the local Sprint store to do the upgrade. Apple was smart enough to make the iphone work with PC's. I wonder if Google will make android more Mac compatible?

I have no problem with the "menu style" structure of the Android system and get where I need to be in one click most of the time (especially after placing shortcuts on my home screens). If a couple of extra clicks are a serious impediment for you I would suggest reevaluating your priorities.

I have not found a website yet I can't view, and in fact, there are many I can that the iPhone never will thanks to Flash, or Apple's lack of support thereof.

As far as Mac compatibility, I'm not so sure that is Google's fault, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that is because of Apple. One of the main reasons I refuse to buy Apple is the closed nature with it's operating systems (even more so than Microsoft) and hardware. And I refuse to spend the amounts Apple wants for a Mac versus an equivalent PC. The one I am currently building for approximately $2000.00 would cost over $5000.00 in a Mac for similar performance!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones