• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root If you were to dump the bionic

smfoley1

Android Enthusiast
May 4, 2010
which phone would you get?
I have been offered the Razr HD by Verizon. It would cost me $0 as it is $50 and comes with a $50 rebate....only problem is that I cant seem to find the vehicle/nav dock for that phone which is a deal breaker for me. It is nowhere on Verizons site and when I find it on Motorolas site and click buy it it says its not available....so which phone would you get if you were to give up the Bionic??

I did look at the Razr HD and the HD Maxx. THe problem I have withthem is that I cant seem to find a vehicle/nav dock for those phones. They are not on Verizons website and when I did find it on Motos site it said they were not available. No vehivle/nav dock is a deal breaker for me

Upvote 0
I did look at the Razr HD and the HD Maxx. THe problem I have withthem is that I cant seem to find a vehicle/nav dock for those phones. They are not on Verizons website and when I did find it on Motos site it said they were not available. No vehivle/nav dock is a deal breaker for me

You mean how the phone goes into the car/nav mode when you dock it? In bionic, that's done through magnetic sensors. But other than the original Droid, other ones stopped supporting this (AFAIK). But it's not a big deal because you can use SMART ACTIONS (it comes with the phone). You setup a SMART ACTION that says, if I attach to my car's bluetooth, go into NAV mode. That's one of the default actions that come standard with Smart actions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones