• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm confused about widgets

parlayguy

Jun 8, 2010
I've had my android (Droid Incredible) for about a month now and just starting to get into looking through good apps. I was looking at the different calendar apps because the stock app isn't that great. One thread on best calendar apps talks about Pure Calendar. When I go onto the Android Market I see a couple of widgets for Pure Calendar.

So what's the difference between an application and a widget?

Thanks

a widget usually lets you interact with the app without actually loading up the application..

e.g. i have jorte as my calender app..the widget is a calender on one of my pages with a monthly view showing the whole month (july in this case)...basically it allows me to see whats coming in say a weeks time without having me load up the app..

i have the engadget app which also has a widget..the widget just cycles through the headlines and i can tap on one that interests me and then it loads up the story in the app..

the widgets youre seeing for pure calender in the market will most likely require for the pure calender app to be installed and wont work without it..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones