• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LouieLou74

Aug 11, 2010
NY, NY
Hi guys,

So i found the iMagnet mount in this forum when i was looking for a car mount. i can use it with my Otterbox Defender case. Here is the finished product. I had 2 cases and used one of the holsters and modified it with the mounting plate from iMagnet, that way the mounting plate does not interfere with my NFC.

It works really great and keeps the phone pretty steady when in my jeep bouncing around.

Here is the link for the mount:
Amazon.com: iMagnet Cradle-less Magnetic Mount with Quick-snap Technology, Smartphone Car Windshield Dashboard Universal Holder: Cell Phones & Accessories

For the price.....you cant beat it.

20121217_001314_zps75ba0bb6.jpg
[/IMG]

20121217_001253_zps2854a81e.jpg

20121217_001217_zpsd67e5eb0.jpg

imagejpeg_2_zps86afb815.jpg

imagejpeg_3_zps081d6d28.jpg

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for looking.
Lou

Reactions: funkylogik
The metal plates are not magnetic, just the base is.
You get 2 of the rectangle plates (in the center of his case) with the 3M on the back and 1 small round plate without any type of glue.

I have a slim, tight fitting silicone case on my phone and use one of the rectangular ones but I just slid it between my case and phone, I did not and will not permanently attach it.

This is a nice holder. I ordered/received mine the same time the OP did and my biggest concern was using it during navigation, I use the waze app quite a bit, but I have had absolutely no problems with it or any other type of GPS or directional/compass apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones