• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help import facebook contacts in phonebook problem

hi everybody, i got my 2.1 update this week in Belgium. As i was synchro'ing my facebook contacts in my phonebook, i noticed that my phone doesn't sync all my contacts with facebook. Wen i tried to do this manually per contact, some fb persons do not appear in my "choose contact" list however the contact has the same name in my phone as on facebook ? It appears that the sync is random in choosing the contacts and some contacts'fb profile don't appear if u do the sync manually ? Anyone with the same problem? Example: a friends name is Bianca in my phone, on her facebook profile the same name followed by familyname, but my phone doesn't find her profile when i search manually

greetz Denis

Hey,

I don't think this is a Android thing. It happened to me also with Palm Pre's Synergy. For some reason the name of some facebook contacts appear "mixed up", for example; Here in Mexico and other Latinamerican countries we use both mother and father last names... so the regular order would be like this:

Juan (first) Alberto (middle) Lopez (father family name) Acosta (mother fam name)...

To shorten this, ppl usually just says : Juan Lopez.

For some reason sometimes mobiles phones export names mixed up, for example instead of JUAN LOPEZ it says ALBERTO ACOSTA, and the phone doesn't blend the contacts.

IDK if its the same in Belgium, but this happened to me also with WebOS...

i hope I explained myself :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones