• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root in desperate need of step by step root

i just recently purchased a behold 2 from t-mo it came with 1.6 loaded but i can not stand the touchwiz, i know BH_man has a custom rom for 1.6 with no TW but as much as i have looked i cant seem to find a step by step on rooting the phone and then installing the rom. i have rotted my my touch without issue several times but this Sammy phone seems to give me nothing but issues and the root guides i have found were all for the phone before the 1.6 update if anyone out there could help me out by giving me a step by step i would be really grateful.

also im not really a noob i am good with computers and phones i just need some clear cut instruction if anyone can help me out please let me know or if there is a guide out there i am missing please post the link...thanks everyone

i just recently purchased a behold 2 from t-mo it came with 1.6 loaded but i can not stand the touchwiz, i know BH_man has a custom rom for 1.6 with no TW but as much as i have looked i cant seem to find a step by step on rooting the phone and then installing the rom. i have rotted my my touch without issue several times but this Sammy phone seems to give me nothing but issues and the root guides i have found were all for the phone before the 1.6 update if anyone out there could help me out by giving me a step by step i would be really grateful.

also im not really a noob i am good with computers and phones i just need some clear cut instruction if anyone can help me out please let me know or if there is a guide out there i am missing please post the link...thanks everyone

you dont need root to install roms for this phone. you install rom and most of them alreadyhave root

Upvote 0
hmmm well thats strange, helpful but strange i am starting to hate samsung anyway i digress... ok well im wanting to put take 5 on my phone i have sdk on my comp and installed the adb drivers so exactly where do i go from here ...now that i know i dont need to root it should not be that hard but. my question is will take 5 work even though my phone came with 1.6 from tmo? or do i need to revert to 1.5 first? and what exactly are the steps to get everything going ( i have never used odin before ) and on my mytouch i just followed all instructions from the unlockr but there page dosent give me anything helpful for the behold 2 thanks for the info about root on this phone btw kinda wondered why i couldn't find anything on that lol

Upvote 0
hmmm well thats strange, helpful but strange i am starting to hate samsung anyway i digress... ok well im wanting to put take 5 on my phone i have sdk on my comp and installed the adb drivers so exactly where do i go from here ...now that i know i dont need to root it should not be that hard but. my question is will take 5 work even though my phone came with 1.6 from tmo? or do i need to revert to 1.5 first? and what exactly are the steps to get everything going ( i have never used odin before ) and on my mytouch i just followed all instructions from the unlockr but there page dosent give me anything helpful for the behold 2 thanks for the info about root on this phone btw kinda wondered why i couldn't find anything on that lol

this might help http://androidforums.com/behold-2-all-things-root/66867-how-flash-using-odin.html

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hey im in the same situation as josh, i got a behold 2 from a friend, and i want this:

http://androidforums.com/behold-2-a...rt-behold-2-stock-no-twiz-w-root-busybox.html

how do i do it?

i know, this is a HUGE nooby question, but if you even answer in general that would be great. ill search more about it. I just need to know the general step by step instructions and ill look at other posts for more info.

that rom that you linked to is old (1.5) use newer ones(1.6)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones