• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

In store purchase crowds

It all depends Im not gonna say their will be lines but this phone has picked p significant steam from the atrix disappointing so many and the reviews popping out all over
werd

So instead of 2-3 other people in your area having interest in the phone, there will be 3-4. lol

Honestly, unless you only have one store in your area that sells cell phones, I wouldn't worry about demand. I got both the Aria and Captivate on launch day. My coworker got the Xperia X1 on launch day. Demand was pretty much non-existent for all 3 of the phones. Nothing's going to change with the Inspire.

In fact, I'd be surprised if you could even find somebody off the street who knows of the Inspire's existence.

Upvote 0
werd

So instead of 2-3 other people in your area having interest in the phone, there will be 3-4. lol

Honestly, unless you only have one store in your area that sells cell phones, I wouldn't worry about demand. I got both the Aria and Captivate on launch day. My coworker got the Xperia X1 on launch day. Demand was pretty much non-existent for all 3 of the phones. Nothing's going to change with the Inspire.

In fact, I'd be surprised if you could even find somebody off the street who knows of the Inspire's existence.

I would agree. Although a typical Android user is very tech savvy, AT&T really hasn't pushed Android to the masses. Even at $99 we know that is a great price, but I imagine the AT&T sales reps will still try to push people to the $49 iPhone 3GS instead since they probably don't know what Android is capable of. That may change on 2/10 when VZ gets the iPhone, but I really doubt it.

Here in my area, I was really anxious for the Aria and even went to my local AT&T on Saturday 6/19 just to see if maybe they already had it on display and they did. In fact the manager was ready to sell me one on Saturday even though the official launch was Sunday 6/20. I'll probably try that again this weekend. If not AT&T maybe Radio Shack.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones