• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incredible and Bluetooth

ytsud

May 2, 2010
I have an HTC Incredible, and when it is connected to my Panasonic TH1211B home phone via bluetooth, the speaker phone is disabled. The ear speaker works fine, but the speaker phone shuts down until I un-pair the bluetooth link. Thought maybe someone would find this thread helpful.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since it has a generic "Inc+BT" title, I thought it may serve as a general BT info repository.

I have another BT question. My car head unit has BT phone and BT audio built in. I can pair the phone to it fine, and the phone and audio work as expected. Though it is cool to be able to play Inc tunes through the car stereo, apparently the simple act of 'connecting' via BT kicks off the Inc's music player app, which plays all the time into nowhere (since the stereo is usually using a different input).

I've looked all over the head unit doc and see no way to cause 'connect' to only do the phone and not the audio, but it can't. I looked at the BT stuff in the phone settings and see the head unit listed with the headphones icon. My other car with BT in it shows just a phone icon.

Is there a way in the phone to separate the two services or casue the music app not to be automatic?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones