• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incredible RANDOM Shut Off WONT TURN ON!

Everyday since i've had the droid incredible it would shut down randomly (with a good amount of battery left). whether plugged in or not it shuts off and if plugged in the little LED light will blink orange. I have taken out the battery and put it in and after a good 20minutes of taking out the battery holding the button and waiting it turns on and says I have 0% battery left. is this supposed to happen or is my droid incredible defective?

P.S. is this the right section for my issue or should this go in the Support and troubleshooting forum?

I am having the exact same problem, i am glad someone else is too. At first I thought it was because of some software that I had installed. So i did a factory reset and was 100% sure the problem was solved. 45 min later i go to grab my phone and its off and wont turn on.

Here are the symptoms:

For no reason at all, in use or idle, the screen will go blank.

Pressing the power button does nothing

The only way to turn the phone back on, is to pull the battery and then hit the power button.

I hope more people can report that this has happened them. In the mean time Verizon is sending me a new unit. This started happening after I installed a 3rd party clock widget (that basically looks like the htc sense one... so dont know why i got it). I just assumed that is what was causing it.

Is it possible that the factory wipe didn't actually wipe everything? is there a way to completely reinstall the OS?

Upvote 0
I am having the exact same problem, i am glad someone else is too. At first I thought it was because of some software that I had installed. So i did a factory reset and was 100% sure the problem was solved. 45 min later i go to grab my phone and its off and wont turn on.

Here are the symptoms:

For no reason at all, in use or idle, the screen will go blank.

Pressing the power button does nothing

The only way to turn the phone back on, is to pull the battery and then hit the power button.

I hope more people can report that this has happened them. In the mean time Verizon is sending me a new unit. This started happening after I installed a 3rd party clock widget (that basically looks like the htc sense one... so dont know why i got it). I just assumed that is what was causing it.

Is it possible that the factory wipe didn't actually wipe everything? is there a way to completely reinstall the OS?

Happened to me on the Eris multiple times. I rooted it up and the issue was gone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones