• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incredible S - Help - No Unlock Option

Hi,

I bought an Incredible S that is locked to the Bell Network in Canada. I am with Virgin and I am trying to have it unlocked. I purchased an unlock code online and figured it was an easy process, based on the review and youtube videos.

However, the phone never gives me the option to enter the unlock code. It constantly says it can't read or find the SIM CARD. no SIM CARD detected.

I have tried using a Virgin SIM Card and a FIDO SIM Card and both did not work. No SIM CARD detected is the message every time?

Is this an issue with Bell?

I bought phone on Craigslist/Kijiji. It seems to be in good working condition otherwise.

Does anyone know why it wouldn't detect the SIM cards and/or give the chance to enter the unlock codes? Please help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones