• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Innocell 1750mAh Slim Extended Life Battery - Now Shipping!

Is this battery the same size? Virtually every battery that is sold as having more mah, but same size as the OEM battery has proven to be bunk.

Surely Seido has not gone down the path of eBay drive-by sellers.

BTW, based on the "same size, probably same battery life" convention, looks like a bunch of placebo effects with the Amazon reviewers of this product ;)

UNLESS- it really does perform as advertised???? It will "sell a million!" if it does :)

Upvote 0
I have trouble believing any battery will have more juice when it's the same size as OEM. If that was the case then why didn't HTC put the same mah into the battery? If it truly does provide about 35% more juice then that is amazing...and like someone else said they will sell tons of them.

I have the 1750 in my phone and after 24 hours of HEAVY use, I'm at 40% still.

Upvote 0
I have the 1750 in my phone and after 24 hours of HEAVY use, I'm at 40% still.

Did you stay up for a full 24 hours? I'm guessing you used it heavily for about 6 hours or so of the day unless you jut sat there non stop for 24 full hours, in which case no way any battery be it 1750 or 3500 would hold up to that.

Upvote 0
when i used the 1750 mah sedio battery in my htc tp2, i noticed a definite difference over the stock 1500mah battery. i have placed it also in my di. i notice a small improvement. but i saw no improvement when i had wi-fi on as well as friend streaming all my contacts on facebook and flickr because the phone was polling the net it seemed constantly. so i turned off friend streaming for the time being and i know there is a way to limit the polling to something like once an hour which would probably be better. the battery drain seems to be better now.

Upvote 0
So if the extended battery coming out from Verizon/HTC is s little bigger, and will require a different back plate, will the case and holster I have still fit with the new cover, or is it going to be such a difference that I am going to have to find a new case and holster that will fit over the extended back?

Upvote 0
So if the extended battery coming out from Verizon/HTC is s little bigger, and will require a different back plate, will the case and holster I have still fit with the new cover, or is it going to be such a difference that I am going to have to find a new case and holster that will fit over the extended back?

The 1750 will be the same fit...the 2150 and above will petrude out more and will come with a new back cover. So, yes, you will need a new case and holster if you get anything above 1750.

Upvote 0
I would stay away from the seidio battery, its overpriced and doesn't deliver any more power vs the stock battery, or at least a noticable difference. I have 2 seidio 1750 batteries and have not been impressed. One is in my incredible and the other is in my wifes eris. I would wait for the larger extended battery with a new back cover from HTC. That would be worth extra money. I am contemplating selling my 1750 i have in my incredible, its only 2 weeks old. Seidio makes good cases, but the batteries leave much to be desired.

Upvote 0
Just an Eris owner but I did see improvement with the 1750 battery over stock. I also get much better life when mobile network and gps are off; a drag to shut them down but I do it when at the computer cause why not (it's just being a phone at that point) and the battery life is noticeably better - hoping similar results when I upgrade..
Same thing here, but I did not turn off mobile as I did with the Eris. At least not yet. I want to test this out with everything on for a few days. Then I'll probably turn off mobile if the battery drains as it does on the Eris. But turning off mobile increase battery life for me from 16 hours to .... well I don't really know because I plug in at night. But last time with mobile off (Eris), I used the phone all day, texts too and 16 hours later had 90% left.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones