• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help inspire help

egoen

Lurker
May 23, 2011
Me and my wife both have the inspire, I applied the HTC WiFi update to mine but not hers. No difference, now does anyone know if that update is the same as the ota update coming from att? The service hasn't changed and the operating service still says hsdpa, will that change with the update, or do I not have the update I thought I had. Thanks I'm by no means an expert about this.

The OTA update being pushed by att is to give the ability to get apps from non market places. To see if you have this update menu-settings-applications, if you got this update there should be an unknown sources box you can check. This update is automatic and you dont need to try to update the software to get it. Its also just random as to who gets it and when.

For the htc wifi update the lastest version of software is 1.84.502.11, to check this menu-settings-about phone-software information
Also I believe the baseband version should be 12.39a.60.19U_26.06.06.30_M
The service will still say hsdpa

Reactions: egoen
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones