1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Install Android on tablet PC?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by thekingsteven, May 31, 2016.

1. thekingsteven

thekingsteven Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 7, 2015
    Male
    lead sales associate at Dollar General
    alabama
    So I have a tablet I picked up for 50$ it has a removable keyboard and mouse, 3gb of ram 32gb memory and a USB slot 2 charger ports (for some reason). And lastly HDMI output. So my question is can Android be installed on it? Windows fails to reboot or be reloaded on to the system. I've all but given up on getting windows 10 back so i need to know is Android can be installed on the tablet. Just so you know the ssd has no operating system on it... or if I can't get Android is there another touch friendly operating system that can be used?

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Is the SSD like completely erased, no recovery partition or anything, and it won't try to boot at all?

These Win 10 tablets have an AMIBIOS, that should be accessible by holding down on volume up or down and power. Which you need to do to get it to boot from a USB stick. The only Android that can really be booted and loaded this way is Android-x86, intended for PCs, which may or may not run on this device. Like you'd do it on a PC.

#2 mikedt, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    kate, Dannydet and KOLIO like this.
  3. thekingsteven

None

Jan 7, 2015
    Male
    alabama
    The whole thing is erased I can access that menu and all buy only option I have is boot from USB. So yeah it does nothing at all. And the tablet I have us an rca. They have an Android version it's the exact same tablet, which is what I thought I was buying. I got it off eBay... so yeah rca won't help me at all

4. thekingsteven

None

Jan 7, 2015
    Male
    alabama
    And idk why the recovery partition is corrupt or not there do yeah that's felling like I've wasted 50$

5. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    As mikedt stated, is all you are left with

mikedt likes this.
  6. Sean_androidfreak

None

May 31, 2016
    Male
    Student
    Woodlands, Singapore
    I did not state this in my profile, but yes, I have once bought my device off TaoBao (China version of EBay, I believe), and my device was corrupted within that many days. You have to buy your device from a trusted source, like a service provider in your country or its exclusive distributors.

7. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

mikedt likes this.
  8. thekingsteven

None

Jan 7, 2015
    Male
    alabama
    It has no key or nothing... the tablet says rca and it's the exact same as there Android tablet but rca says then don't have a Windows 10 version of that one... I'd like windows 10 back but no key

9. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    With these cheap Win 10 tablets, there is no visible product key as such, it's activated by "digital entitlement".
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-in-windows-10

So I'm not sure if you can just take Windows 10 ISO, install it on there from a USB, and it gets activated online somehow.

I've got a cheap Chinese Win 10 tablet myself, and there's certainly no product key license stickers anywhere. The one I've got it's working fine, and the restore partition is intact and can be used if needed. If I wanted an Android version of the same device or similar, I'd just go out and buy one, these things are cheap enough. I'm pretty sure they are the exact same hardware, however Android devices have a recovery and the Android OS is specifically built for that device by the manufacturer, and Win versions have a BIOS, just like you'd find on a PC.

#9 mikedt, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    The_Chief likes this.