• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Install_failed_older_sdk

Alteria

Lurker
Jun 18, 2011
Hello all,

I am new to development on Android, but have been developing applications and software for years. I have been working on an application for 2.2 with API version 8 using Eclipse. I have been debugging and installing on both the AVD and my HTC Incredible for a week now. I ran into a problem just a few hours ago and I am not able to figure out what I may have changed that caused the problem. When I try to install the .apk on my phone or the AVD I get the following message: INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK. I am not sure what the error is on my HTC as all it says is parse error. I am assuming it would be the same error. When I look at the properties the 2.2 is still checked as the target.

Any assistance is appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones