• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installation cm7 aborted

er0ck

Lurker
Oct 26, 2011
[solved] stable CM download from their webpage doesn't seem to work for AT&T GS2. see below for details...

trying to install update-cm-7.1.0-GalaxyS2-signed.zip from ClockworkMod Recovery with signature check turned on:
it says something like "can't verify signature of entire file"

turned off signature checking:
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys2" || etc

if i try to update from rom manager, and i try "download rom" it also says it can't verify the signature.

wth?
ideas?

thanks

okay, that works to get me into CWM recovery. thanks for that!

i also uninstalled ROM manager. but i'm not sure what that has to do with the sig checking, or the assert on the CM7 rom zip...

install of CM7 still aborts...

even if i toggle off asserts and sig checking, it aborts at... the assert for the correct phone version (i think that's what it's asserting)

Upvote 0
so i DL'd a different zip file for AT&T GS2 here:
[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the Samsung Galaxy S II (AT&T) :: V7.1.0 RC1 (9 Oct 2011) - xda-developers

and it says it installed successfully. i also installed the google apps .zip.

now when i reboot it just sits at the GS2 screen with the (!) on it.

edit: so i went back and flashed ONLY CM7 and it booted... slowly.
but now i have no google apps. if i install that zip from CWM will it boot?
time to find out...

edit2: yep. booted fine and faster this time. weird. psyched!!
google apps installed and working fine...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones