• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installed new ROM and now my phone is on the Fritz!

atiemann

Lurker
Sep 8, 2011
I recently updated my CM from 2.5.1.3 to 7.0.3, then I decided to update to 7.1.0 RC1. After I did that my phone has been completely on the fritz! I tired to restored it but it ended up restoring from the 2.5. So I decided to just update from there to the 7.0.3. Now my phone won't allow me to log in to my android account, my service bars aren't turning green they are staying white, most of my widgets aren't working, and randomly things will pop up and say that the android phone isn't responding and force closes everything.

My phone is a jail broken Cincinnati Blaze with a T mobile network. Should I just factory reset and install the CM again? I'm a real noob, sorry but I really need your help please!

As already stated, you'll get better advice in the specific forum for your phone model, but I can't help noticing that 2.5.1.3 looks like a Clockworkmod Recovery version number, and it also looks like it's probably too old a version to use for flashing Cyanogenmod 7 (I think you need 3+, or at least you do on my phone). That might be part of the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones