• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installing Apps from Computer

When you go into Astro, click the Up folder icon at the very top until you get to the main level. You should then see your sd card. Click on the sd card and then find your folder where you dropped your files. See if that solves your problem. I labeled mine DOWNLOADS all caps so I could easily find it because that card gets filled up fast.

Reactions: cindy321
Upvote 0
I'm having a hard time finding where the files are that I put on the SD card. I tried creating a new folder and everything but I can't find it with Astro. I think I'm missing something really simple. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Are you actually using a Droid or a Droid Incredible? The latter has separate internal storage.

Folders are the same whether mounted or not. The root of the SD card is the same whether mounted to the Droid or a PC. Can you verify that any of the folders match what you see on the device when mounted to your PC?

Reactions: cindy321
Upvote 0
I'm having a hard time finding where the files are that I put on the SD card. I tried creating a new folder and everything but I can't find it with Astro. I think I'm missing something really simple. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I too had a problem locating my file on the SD card. I accidently hit the camera icon and got a message that I could not use the camera because the SD card was mounted to my PC. I unplugged the cable and all of the files in the SD card were visible.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones