• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Installing CM11/CM12/PAC on the L90 D415

Hello guys and gals!

I noticed that Android Forums didn't have much support for the L90. This is for D415 variant on T-Mobile.

Prerequisites:
1. Be Rooted (I will make a guide for this as well)
2. General knowledge on ROM installing

Downloads:
Download all of these files on you device's sd card, or download them on your PC and then transfer them to you sd card.
1. Download ONE of the recoveries listed here DOWNLOAD
Thanks to Shoxy and Shinobisoft for these.

-PUT THESE ALL ONTO YOUR EXTERNAL SD CARD!!!-

2. Download ONE of the following ROM's and their gapps/patch files:
[PAC ROM - My personal Favorite] ROM - GAPPS - Thanks to Demonslayer12349 and myself
[CM11] ROM - GAPPS - Thanks to Shinobisoft and Quarx
[CM12] PATCH - ROM - GAPPS - Thanks to BigMajster

Install:
Install "Flashify" from the play store.

Step 1:
Open Flashify and select "install recovery"
Choose select file.
Browse to your external sd card and select the recovery that you downloaded earlier.

Step 2:
Use flashify to reboot to recovery

Step 3:
Select 'Backup' and run a full backup to your external sd card!!!

Step 4:
Once the backup is done, go back to the main menu and select 'wipe' and do a factory reset.

Step 5:
Select install and browse to the ROM that you downloaded earlier.
Install the ROM and GAPPS file. [If you are installing CM12 also install the patch file]

Step 6:
Reboot and you're done!

After CM12 install camera won't focus.
Is this an known issue?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i have a question, is there a way to get my games back? i backed it up tru cwm
Try this, go into CWM and backup your current pacrom. Then, restore your backup of your old rom. Then boot into system and use Titanium backup to back your games and apps that you wish to save to your external sd. Then go back and restore your new pacrom and then your apps again with titanium backup.

That is the safest way to do it. You could always try to just restore data from your old rom in cwm but this is unsafe.

Hope I helped!

Upvote 0
Try this, go into CWM and backup your current pacrom. Then, restore your backup of your old rom. Then boot into system and use Titanium backup to back your games and apps that you wish to save to your external sd. Then go back and restore your new pacrom and then your apps again with titanium backup.

That is the safest way to do it. You could always try to just restore data from your old rom in cwm but this is unsafe.

Hope I helped!
alright thanks alot!

Upvote 0
But hey did they ever figure out the green screen on video playback + reboot and video recording? Kernel or driver issue?

Also, many of the social networking apps point blank refuse to play back video. YouTube works, though. Facebook in particular is spotty. Sometimes it likes to tell me there was a video playback issue.

I have a feeling it's the codecs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But hey did they ever figure out the green screen on video playback + reboot and video recording? Kernel or driver issue?

Also, many of the social networking apps point blank refuse to play back video. YouTube works, though. Facebook in particular is spotty. Sometimes it likes to tell me there was a video playback issue.

I have a feeling it's the codecs.
Video playback is being worked on right now. It should be good within a few days and the thread will be updated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones