• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Installing New Kernel

benjiharris

Jan 14, 2010
Hi Everyone

I am currently running InsertCoin 2.0 and tonight spotted that there was an updated kernel to fix the slow charging issue it had.
It said to flash the kernel from recovery so I just installed the kernel zip from recovery. However when I rebooted it got stuck on the white HTC screen and wouldnt boot.
As I really need my phone to work I have just reinstalled the ROM and phone is booting fine now.
But did I do something wrong? Is there a special way to install a new kernel? I just presumed it was like flashing any other .zip from recovery.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much

Ben

Thanks SUroot!
I downloaded it again and it worked a treat - now charges properly!
Shame I forgot to take a backup before I flashed that kernel as I hadn't backed up my texts for a couple of weeks - normally do it every week or so just in case.
Oh well didnt lose anything too important.
Thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones