• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Instant Rebate at Corporate store?

woogyboogy

Mar 24, 2010
So, I'm looking at buying the X tomorrow at a Corporate Store, rather then a Wireless Zone store. The main issue right now is, my dad does not want to spend $600 for 2 phones (YES I KNOW THERE IS A REBATE), so technically it would only be $400, but the rebate would take at least 2 weeks. One of my friends told me that if you pay for the phone at a Corporate Store, rather than a store like Verizon Wireless Zones is that you get an Instant Rebate. If its possible to get an instant rebate at a Corporate Store, this would be 10x easier on my dad, knowing he will get an instant rebate, and it would only be $400 give or take right up front.

If anyone knows any info on this, it would be a tremendous help going in there with the knowledge of this.

Thanks!!!

My Droid contract ended in this fall....walked into a Verizon B&M and they gave me the rebate. So I paid $199 for it + 2 year contract and I can upgrade my phone annually. At first they had their facts wrong saying that I had to be a non smartphone user in order to get the discounted price. For a phone as popular as the X I'm suspicious that they knowingly didn't give me the straight scoop.

Upvote 0
I went to a corp store on July 15th and received the instant rebate without asking. I told a friend about it that had an appt later that day and he got it too. It's worth calling up and telling them that you're picking up two X's as long as you can get the IR, otherwise you'll go to BB. Since they're on commission I bet they'll do it. (At least my salesperson told me he was on commission and asked for my return business.)

Another thing, if you're dad's entitled to any business discounts they can only do that at the corporate stores. I know BB can't according to my local BB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones