• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Instructions to Root Wildfire S A510E

msaifhussain

Lurker
Dec 21, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Im new to Android Forums, i hope everything is smooth sailing.

Im need of help of how to root My HTC Wildfire S A510E

I have purchased this a month ago , and i find the phone to be really slow
and filled with lot of Factory Installed App which are eating up the Memory space. I need the Instrcutions of How to Root the HTC Wildfire S A510E .Below is the Info of My phone shown in the Boot Mode

**** Locked *****
MARVEL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.09.0099
MICROP-0451
RADIO-7.57.39.10M

HTC WildFire S A510e
Android - 2.3.5

Model Number :pG76100

>How do i root the Device and what is the Best ROM available for this device which can increase Performance.
>Im a novice and not a Developer, what ROM could be the Best , and is there a best Stable ROM for this Device
>Im from Southern Part of India.
>i would really appreciate if someone provides me a Screenshot for Rooting the Phone..

>How do i root the Device and what is the Best ROM available for this device which can increase Performance.
>Im a novice and not a Developer, what ROM could be the Best , and is there a best Stable ROM for this Device
>i would really appreciate if someone provides me a Screenshot for Rooting the Phone..
Hi and welcome to CF!!

To root your device, this is the best tutorial I have found:
http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s-all-things-root/480954-guide-how-root-wildfire-s-s-finally.html
It's well explained.
If you bought your phone a month ago, you will probably not need to update the RUU. If you ever get an error that sounds like 'The update is older than the current one' then you just skip that step and continue.
And as for which RUU to select, there is a India RUU. Chose that one.
There are several roms out there and it really is pretty much up to you and what you prefer. Cyanogen allows you to customize a lot more. Other roms usually based either on 2.3.5 or 4 and even Jelly Bean if I'm not wrong. It's really up to you

I don't have a screenshot or anything but youtube has a couple of videos...

Upvote 0
Hi Caro332,

i have tried all the setup instructions on CafeKampuchia's thread. I would like to thank CafeKampuchia for laying down instructions in simple plain english.... i dedicated myself for 4 hours trying all the instructions but still i found no Hope..i keep getting Error " Unable to update the ROM " .. i have chosen INDIA RUU and also the one for UK but still it doesnt go further.. i tried to cold boot th device with the file in it and the Device restarts ... can you suggest me any other options apart from these ...

I have looked up in Cyonagenmod website ,but i do not notice any Custom ROMS available for Wildfire S .. what ROM do you suggest me to pick from the Cyonagenmod...... Which one do you prefer is Good one ?

Reactions: CafeKampuchia
Upvote 0
i keep getting Error " Unable to update the ROM " .. DIA RUU and also the one for UK but still it doesnt go further.. i tried to cold boot th device with the file in it and the Device restarts ... can you suggest me any other options apart from these ...
When you boot into hboot if it says *** LOCKED *** or *** UNLOCKED *** then you do not need to update.
1. Boot the phone into HBOOT (turn it off, pull and reinsert the battery, hold volume down and press power button).

2. If you see ***LOCKED*** at the top of the screen, your bootloader is already the unlockable type and updating is unnecessary. (Lucky you!) Proceed to step 3A, skip 3B and finish with 3C.

3. If you see ***UNLOCKED *** at the top of the screen, your bootloader is already updated and unlocked. (Really lucky you!) You can skip step 3 altogether and proceed to root the phone at step 4.

4. If you see neither of the above at the top of the screen, then you must perform all of steps 3A - 3C before rooting the phone.
I hope that helps! ;)

Upvote 0
trying to root a wildfire s running 2.3.5 hboot 1.09.0099 ive tried lots of different root method to no avail, i have s-off, but cant get root of any kind, ive followes instructions carefully but ive just had no luck, ive flashed pg76img, it updates fine but i still have no option of a cwm menu even after rebooting the device back into boot mode, each time it updates the pg76file and thats it! :(

Upvote 0
Hello Everyone,

Im new to Android Forums, i hope everything is smooth sailing.

Im need of help of how to root My HTC Wildfire S A510E

I have purchased this a month ago , and i find the phone to be really slow
and filled with lot of Factory Installed App which are eating up the Memory space. I need the Instrcutions of How to Root the HTC Wildfire S A510E .Below is the Info of My phone shown in the Boot Mode

**** Locked *****
MARVEL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.09.0099
MICROP-0451
RADIO-7.57.39.10M

HTC WildFire S A510e
Android - 2.3.5

Model Number :pG76100

Please let me know as well if you find anything. I am also looking for the same thing. better check video on you tube but this video doesnot have the correct version. so i am bit afraid what will happen if i update my phone with the files 2.13.720.1. Let me know if any possible solution :

Upvote 0
Can anyone assist me please, if this thread is still active, without me having to start a new thread?

I too have a HTC Wilfire S

***LOCKED***
Marvel PVT SHIP S-ON RL
MICROP-0451
Radio 7.57.39.10M
2.3.5 & 2.26.401.3

I've followed the instructions in the thread recommended by Caro332 above, this one:

http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s-all-things-root/480954-guide-how-root-wildfire-s-s-finally.html

I created my a/c on HTCDEV.COM, tick all boxes etc. No need to update bootloader, as per instructions so I "proceed to next step".
I created a folder \Android, downloaded the "Fastboot binary, Windows
(Unzip the file before executing)" file [Fastboot-Zip] to \Android. I unzip as per instructions. I set up my HTC- fastboot off, usb debugging enabled,bootloader screen up and click on fastboot, usb into it and open the cmd prompt on my pc.

The problem I encounter is this:
On the cmd prompt instructions:
I open cmd prompt (Windows XP):
it says c:\documents and settings\administrater>[blinking cursor] (My pc cmd line)
I type- c: cd \Android at the blinking cursor. That's okay.
The next line is c:\documents and settings\administrater>[blinking cursor] again.
I type- c: \Android> fastboot oem get_identifier_token at the blinking cursor.
Nothing happens!

I'm meant to get:
INFO <Please cut following info>
INFO <<<< Identifier Token Start >>>>
INFO {multi lines of numerical text}
I get nothing!
The cmd returns to c:\documents and settings\administrater>[blinking cursor]

What am I doing wrong?? Any assistance would be fantastic.

Thanks, Gerry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones