• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

insufficient storage available

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
how do i free up space on my lgl55c?

Hello and thank you for bringing your question to Android Forums. :)

The Optimus Q has only half a gigabyte of internal storage (but will accommodate a 32 gig sd card ;)).

That internal storage can be freed up a bit by going into Application Manager via the main settings menu and tapping each 3rd party app ("downloaded") on the list and then tapping "clear cache" for each one. It'll take only a minute or two to go through all of them.

Next go into your file manager, called "my files" on most stock Android devices now, and tap "all." Then look at the folders in there and make some choices as to what to remove from internal storage, such as pics and media. Just be very careful to NOT remove anything generated by the system: remove only what you've put in there such as media, tones, pics and videos, etc.

Some of that stuff can be moved to your sd care, if you have one of the larger sd cards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones