• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Interesting article about the nexus device

xyourxhighnessx

Android Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2015
I came across an interesting article regarding the new "m1 and s1" devices from the nexus line.

This part really has me wondering

"The chip is a quad-core setup clocked at 1.59GHz and paired with an Adreno 530 GPU, as well as the 1GB of extra RAM on the original build. There's also a reference to "Marlin" which...."

Link to the original article:
http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobil...-nexus-6p-benchmarked-qualcomm-snapdragon-820

Makes me wonder if they are indeed releasing 2 new nexus AND an updates 6p. OR
was google just trying to pull a fast one and wanted people the think it was a 6p instead of whatever new device this will be.

Quad core clocked at 1.59 though? Hmmm. Not too excited about that . im hoping if anything thats the budget device lol

Anyways who else is excited for new nexus devices?

Reactions: bcrichster
Quad core clocked at 1.59 though? Hmmm. Not too excited about that

Maybe you should be. The 64-bit Kryta CPU used in the SD820, albeit "only" a quad-core, promises twice the performance of the octa-core 810. In addition the Adreno 530 is said to offer a 40% improvement over the SD810's 430 GPU and supports the Vulkan API , while the X12 LTE modem supports Cat12 speeds.

Upvote 0
I wasn't aware this much info about the new device was available.

The linked review was of the updated 6P, so my comments were based on the SD820 used in that. Little is known about the rumoured HTC devices other than vague codenames.

So i can assume marlin is the 6p of the next release and the s1 will be the successor to the 5x?

Right now I wouldn't assume anything. While it could be said that HTC are due another crack at the Nexus gig, with the Nexus One being their sole effort, LG would appear to be Google's own favourite (Nexus 4, 5, 5X). Also worth considering are prominent member OEMs of the Open Handset Alliance who haven't yet been given the Nexus brief, such as Oppo, Sony and ZTE.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
I would like to see ZTE's efforts at a Nexus device.. It'd be their 1st unlocked bootloader device in a while at this point. Maybe it'll have the B21+ "Rooting switch"? They purposely started making the System unstable with Root a yr or 2 ago. Get Root and stuff gets.. Strange. Good hardware tho. :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones