• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Intermittent LTE/3G Data After 4.3 Update

Largepkg

Jul 22, 2010
I'm with Sprint and updated to 4.3 last week. Ever since, my LTE/3G connection would stop working without warning. I'll have full bars but no connection and a few minutes later data would work. When on wifi it works fine. I've tried toggling off wifi, BT, sync in different combinations to see if there was a pattern or reason, no luck.

I'm guessing my phone is just bugging out after the update. Anyone have a guess to the cause or a similar experience?

I'm also on Sprint and I've got what I think is the same problem. I'll have good signal and the 4G symbol will be shown, but I can't access any data services at all. To get data back I have to turn off wireless data and then turn it back on.

To me the most frustrating part about this is that we were just short of required to update to the new version, but now there are problems unless you bought insurance through Sprint you can't really turn to anyone to fix this problem.

On a related note, would it kill them to give us a terminal application that would allow us to at least view some of the log files without having to root the device.

Upvote 0
I hear you. My early upgrade is January and I decided to pull my insurance through Sprint two weeks ago. I've never delved into the root game but always had a bit of interest. I'll probably do that just to play before I upgrade.

Haha I just got rid of my insurance yesterday. I didn't feel like paying the extra $11 a month anymore. My upgrade isn't until February I believe. I was going to get the Nexus 5 but I'm going to wait it out a bit. See what new tech comes out in 2014. I'm moving to T-Mobile.

Upvote 0
Well, I got extremely frustrated with not having data when away from wifi so I ran the new cyanogenmod installer that was released a few days ago. I'm now running CM 10.2 on the Gnex. It was a bit of a pain to get it working but I'm sure a lot easier than learning to do a full root.

The good news is I have my data back. The bad news is CM has some LTE bugs that slow LTE down. Before I was pulling down 4G @ 8-12 mbps. Now I'm pulling 1-3 mbps.

The Gnex definitely runs smoother with CM and the added toys are nice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones