• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

International Assisted Dialing

maverick999

Jul 18, 2010
I'm getting ready to travel internationally and would love to have some kind of international assisted dialing (similar to what my iPhone 3GS had) that will add the US +001 prefix to any phone numbers that I dial or SMS.

Does anyone know if the Captivate has something like this, or if there's an app for this? Thanks.

Not sure if the captivate has it. Nice feature for the Iphone to have. For me, I store all the numbers on my phone in the "international aware" format. +447956888999, +1222334444, etc So, I can just dial as-is from whatever country I am in, without needing to know that international dial-out code for that country.

Upvote 0
+1 works from anywhere in the world. You can store all of the numbers without the extra zeros i.e. China would not be +086 it would be +86. I store all of my contacts in Outlook and after you enter a number if you open it (click the radio button by the number) and select the country it will add the appropriate code.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones