• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] How to unlock the bootloader using a Mac

Unfortnately it was not there. That's why I was asking..

Did you ever manually flash back to stock?

I ask this because I know that when I flash back to both 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 stock (using the .tgz stock images from Google), the recovery-from-boot.p file was not present, either. In this case, I didn't have to take any additional action to prevent Android from over-flashing the custom recovery with the stock one.

When I flashed back to 4.0.1 stock and accepted the 4.0.2 OTA, that installed the recovery-from-boot.p file and I had to do the rename thing.

So, maybe there's some other mechanism going on here...? Dunno, I'd have to do more testing (flash back to stock (again ;)) to see...

Upvote 0
I have the updated sdk files as well as boot loader files transfered into the platform-tools folder. This contains the 14, 15, 16 platforms. When I try to run terminal ./fastoot oem unlock...this being after trying to execute cd (drag and drop my platform-tools folder) All I get is no such file or directory ....Help please

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones